I HATE getting up early. I ‘m a night owl and I used to get wired in the late evening. Since the conditions for surfing are better in the morning I accord to circumstances and tumble up from bed early – in my vacations (!!!). And to be honest, not even the prospect of a good surf makes me bounce cheerfully out of bed when the alarm clock rings. Let’s face it: I am not an early bird and I just don’t like it to get up early, … not even for surfing – but at least I do it!
Tips for morning grouches who have to torture themselves out of bed early
- Zombie mode! On automatic until you’re in the water. Since it’s off .
- Coffee , coffee , coffee – black, strong and intravenously .
- Roommates! If you let your alarm clock ring like forever in 4 or 6 bedroom, it can happen that your roommates become really angry with you. Little tip: It seems that they also can’t laugh about, when you accidentally hit the snooze button instead of turning it off, then slip away into the bathroom and when the alarm clock rings again, scream because you was frighten and fight with the door to open while be even more noisy.
- Wake up call. Ask someone to wake you up in the morning. But negotiate the terms first – whether with a bucket of cold water or by gently tickle 😉 both work.
- I know you don’t want to hear it, but it really works. Go to bed early, don’t drink too much alcohol or party too long in the evening.
- Stay in bed sometimes, but not too often. Sometimes your body just needs to sleep!
- Appointments. No one likes to wait. Knowing that someone is waiting for me, I often prevent me for turning the alarm clock off.
- Early birds and jesters. Yes, they are annoying! But an early birds who infectiously good-humored and spread geniality and happiness is sometimes the best way to not fall asleep again.
- Just fake it ‘ til you make it! Spread good mood and optimism around. Hey, you are going on a surfsession 😀
Over to you: How do you get out of bed really early?
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Traveling can be the most beautiful and worst thing in the world at the same time. Travel is unexpected , inconvenient and most of the time the opposite of what you expected happens. Travel is imperfect at each level. But that is precisely the point : If you want “perfect” you can stay at home !
Broaden your horizon, adjust your expectations
If you aspire for new things, and you are willing to learn how the world works and you want to discover who you really are, then traveling is the right way. Sometimes it is just magical, breathtaking and beautiful, but most of the time you have to deal with the things as they come, throw away your plans and make a new plan spontaneously. You broad your horizon while you constantly have to adjust your expectations.
Traveling can be better than you can ever imagine,
- because you will discover sides of you, most of whom you might never guessed that they are in you
- because you perceive the world from a completely different perspective
- because you get to know other people and cultures and
- make new experiences
Traveling stands for adventure
Most people have the false impression about traveling. Traveling doesn’t solve your problems and it will not make you an entirely new person. Traveling is an adventure – a path – and that’s how you should perceive it. Traveling is about crossing your own boundaries and grow beyond yourself. It means experiencing what you are able to accomplish, learning what you do not know and find out what you never really wanted to know.
… and that is why I love traveling so much
because I don’t want perfect! I want adventure, the unexpected, imperfects, freedom
Over to you: What is traveling for you? What makes you go and explore the world?